Paid SCVO Business Growth Internship: Marketing and Development Intern
An opportunity to play a pivotal role in taking to market a new creative activity kit aimed at people with dementia, by conducting market research, taking the prototype to packaged product and developing the marketing plan.
You will have a unique opportunity to join the start of a new phase of business growth for a creative social enterprise.
Test and market 'The Art of Conversation' creative activity kit for use in care home and day club environments with groups of older people, including those with dementia. The kit is designed to be easily used by staff and volunteers and to elicit personal reminiscence from participants that will enhance person-centred care and strengthen patient/carer relationships.
• Conduct appropriate product testing of prototype to inform marketing and sales planning and launch of a finished product
• Contribute to a marketing plan for the product with support from the Development Officer and Director
• Work with staff and contractors on final design, packaging and production, as well as support with distribution planning.
• Represent the organisation and product to external clients, stakeholders and customers appropriately
• Provide proactive support to meet the project objectives wherever required.
We seek a creative, motivated individual who can take initiative and work as part of a team. Must have excellent communication skills, sound IT skills, an understanding of marketing plans, familiarity with sales and an appreciation the aims of social enterprise. Desirable, but not essential, criteria include an understanding of market research and a knowledge of the care sector.
This vacancy is only available through SCVOs Business Growth Graduate Internship programme. Applicants must meet specific eligibility criteria. Application can only be made via your local Jobcentre Plus personal adviser.
• aged 18 – 30 and resident in Scotland
• hold a SCQF Level 8+ qualification (equivalent to an HND, first degree, SVQ Level4)
• unemployed; either in the first 12 months of a benefit claim (pre-Work Programme) or 2 years+ (post-Work Programme) or unemployed and not claiming benefits (but must make a claim for benefits in order to apply for an internship opportunity)
For further information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org (Fiona Taylor), or call 01786 450971, or visit http://www.scvo.net/Home/findyouropeninternjobsSCVOSITE.aspx